Feed store chick with turquoise ear lobes!

Jebyballard

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 8, 2012
My foray to the feed store has bloomed into some of the weirdest chickens! I have a chicken that looks like a mutant out of star wars. I'm guessing she is a silkie or a sizzle. Bit the strangest thing about her is that she is buff/yellow with deep deep turquoise eat lobes. Now the only one weirder than her is another one with a black body and a white face with black earlobes. So am I going to get turquoise and black eggs?! Neither of these chickens lives look like a normal color like the other ones. Any thoughts?

Well the one with turquoise earlobes is probably a silkie. They are desiving. The other one... Well Uhmm... I am not sure what is up with her!

buff silkie cream to white eggs pinkish white feet bottoms= australrop yellow = jersey giant if the black is LF brown eggs and the last looks like a faveorlles maybe how many toes?

You have a buff Silkie (irridescent earlobes are totally normal for them), and either a Jersey Giant, or Australorp. If you look closely at your black one, you'll notice that those are just a patch of feathers, not her actual earlobes. They will come in more when she reddens up for laying.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom