Feed STORE NIGHTMARE!

cheeptrick

Songster
12 Years
May 1, 2007
New Hampshire
HI All,
I've got a new feed store just opened nearby that last season ordered WAY too many chicks...I've never said anything...thought about asking to put up one of our Save The Chicks flyers. BUT the employees ARE SO RUDE...
Well...they ordered probably about 200 ducks and goslings. Cute...but several were dead in the brooders and their LACK of care was saddening. I was there alone and noticed the dead ducks and informed the employees and they just stood THERE...did not remove the dead ducks. Their response was that happens all the TIME. URGH...another customer came in and I tried to steer them away from the brooder with the dead ducks. The employees still did not remove the ducks...they just stood there staring down into the brooder. The other customer was OUTRAGED...of course...and even offered to take the few that were OBVIOUSLY starting to die.
MY beef is that they just stood there and did not remove the dead PRODUCT...yes there are failure to thrive chicks and ducks...but DO you really want your customers to SEE that. Do they think that customers will want to BUY stock from them that is sick or dying? I was so shocked when I left...

JUST VENTING...
All other feed stores in the area only take orders...and purchase ONLY a few at a time. I will NOT support this store...with my business.
barnie.gif
somad.gif

When I calm down...I'll print up some Save A Chick Campaign flyers...I promise. Maybe I'll mail the flyers to them so I do not have to deal with the rudeness.
cool.png

:thun how dare they act so rude and stupid and like idiots they oviously have them in a too small of a confinment and are getting tramped for it to be happening "all the time" peoples stupidity makes me angry grr..............:thun

I hate to say this.... but maybe if they are over-ordering... maybe once all the regulars come in and get their ducks... they allow this to happen because it makes "new - now soon to be duck owners" feel compasion for the survivors and thereby buying them. I'm sure it's mostly just stupidity and neglect...... but I wonder if it doesn't work to their advantage. Sadly.
somad.gif

I can't really see anything different between this and the fish tanks you see at places with tons of dead fish in them. Why would you want to buy fish from a tank with obvious issues either? But the employees do not care about that. Actually, people care less for fish than they do for the poultry. I am not condoning it, I agree it is disgusting, and inhumane to leave them there, but people just void out the fish thing as well. I don't buy anything if I see sick or dieing animals. I cant even hardly tolerate to go to the bird swap and see the heavily picked on hens than people raise just to make a buck. Which, is probably why all my birds sell so fast, as people look for healthy, not sick or diseased things.

I would be outside picketing!!!

I went to a local feedstore yesterday for a chick fix.
There were Black SexLinks, Americaunas and Ducklings( yellow ones and black ones, I don't know the breed).
I was looking at the chicks and the employee was getting some ducks for another customer. I was looking at the SexLinks and there was one that had it's leg caught and was trying to get to the food and water...The door had a j shaped piece of wire and that's where she was stuck. I poked and prodded and pulled and finally got the chick loose...so I told the employee and she was like it would've been fine...It ran to the water like it's bum was on fire...It was limping and had a bit of a scrape and it's knee was a little swollen...I was not happy with that, but didn't say anything and started looking at the Americaunas...there was a teeny itty bitty one...very cute, but very small.
I look over to the ducks and the employee put the food trough on it's foot so it's peeping it's head off...I;m like "you put it on it's foot" she took it off and then was like "Are you gonna buy any of those?" "I'm just getting a peep fix, so no". "Well, I have to get in there"...Are all the sex links girls, I don't see a white spot on their heads.." That's NOT how you tell them apart. We use a magnifying glass.." WHAT A CROCK!!! Even *I* know that males have the white spots and females' head are all black...
I left before I got in trouble...

I work at a petshop and if a customer tells me there's something dead in one of the habitats, I GO AND GET IT OUT OF THERE!!!PDQ!!!
There's no excuse for being that lazy and disrespectful!
I woulda cracked their heads together.
I don't consider my animals PRODUCT, I consider them Sentient Beings...

I am lucky that I have a well educated feed shop. The lady that runs it owns it with her hubby, and they know their stuff for the most part. He did look at me crazy when I asked for food grade DE, but other then that they have been very helpful.

cheep, was the owner there? I would call that place today and ask to speak to the owner and tell them what you witnessed, that is if in fact no owners were present. If no one cares I would say what I had to and not do my business with them.
My feed store takes orders and only orders a few extras which are gone almost immediately, but not hundreds.
The thing is if it is young kids working they seem to be all grossed out and do not want to remove the dead ones but oh my god I would have been a wild woman witnessing that.
Unfortunately rudeness seems to be over common these days ans is no excuse for inhumane treatment.

Back
Top Bottom