Feed Stores In Colorado

I go to a local tractor supply store that sells Purina. We also have a Murdochs, but they do not carry the Game Bird Layena that I buy. I also find that Murdochs is a bit pricey at times.

We buy all our stuff at the local American Pride Co-Op in Strasburg but there is a feed store on Wadsworth between 38th and 44th that would be close to you.
smile.png

I almost for got, we get our chicks at Murdoch's in Longmont. Tomorrow actually if things work out here at home. I can't wait!!!!
wee.gif

Thanks rdranch for the info about Wardles on Wadsworth... I do know about them. I was hoping to hear about other feed stores because I like shopping around plus Im a little weird because I just like visting different feed stores. Sometimes you get surprised by the nifty little treasures you find in other places.
smile.png

Hey, there is a great little feed store in downtown Golden on Ford St. It's called the Golden Mill. Great family run business.I dont know about price, but for me it is convieniant to get my horse and chichen feed on my way up to the mountains.

We actually have 5 feed stores by us - Elizabeth/Kiowa/Franktown) area.

Frank's Feed in Elizabeth (never been there)

Big R Elizabeth (great for supplies and hay but they don't carry Purina which is what I buy)

Elizabeth Country Corner (This is where I buy feed and chicks, super nice people)

Kiowa Feed in Kiowa (Same owners as Elizabeth Country Corner)

Franktown Feed (New, I've only bought rabbit food there)

Last edited:
Hi!

I hope it is o.k. for me to post a reply here.

I actually own a little feed store/general store in Deer Trail, Colorado. It isn't as big & fancy as most of them that have been around for a long time. I have only been here for 3 years now, and am still metamorphosing. It is just my family & I, so things tend to get piled up & constantly behind!
sad.png
But, I am trying to make it a fun store, and am always open to suggestions. My biggest obstacle is getting people to know I am here.

We bought the old Deer Trail State Bank 4 years ago because I was sad that the old building was being allowed to deteriorate. I hated to see so much history about to be lost. So, my husband refurbished it for me & I opened up a little general store. We are working on a new website, and hope to have it up in the next couple of weeks. (woodlandfeed.com)

We carry Manna Pro Feed.

I also have poultry from a local hatchery that a friend of mine has started--
Manifested Wings (www.manifestedwings.com). She has very beautiful, quality birds available for us poultry lovers here in Colorado! Her business is new, and quickly growing! High standards & customer service are very important to her! Plus--she is a very sweet woman!

I have poultry available year round.

Feel free to call if you have any questions.

Wendy
Woodland Feed & General Store
303-769-4888

Wendy
I hope to come see your store sometime soon. I am buying 2 buff orpington chicks from Aimee, the friend you mentioned. She has been so good to me and really patient with all of my pestering questions. I understand about always being behind because I own my own business too. Would you pm me and give me your store hours? I love to visit feed stores and general stores I hit most of the ones in my area and was looking for new places to spend money on stupid and useless junk I cant live with out !
big_smile.png
Thats why I started this thread... a girl's gotta have a hobby if her chickens aren't ready yet !

Back
Top Bottom