Feed

MissouriKid

Songster
7 Years
Jan 14, 2016
Salem, Missouri
I started mixing my own feed up now that the feed costs are over $40 USD for both daily and weekly feeds. I've got the daily feed down to 17.50 USD for 50 pounds and the weekly is 10 USD for the same weight. Since I started doing this I've noticed a difference in shell hardness and yolk color and size.

I have both recipes available, the daily is a grain mix that I give once a day, the weekly is feed free choice and lasts my birds a week or more.
Daily is 17.5 pounds of cracked corn, 12.5 pounds each of barley, oats and 3.25 pounds each of sunflower and wheat.

Weekly is 16 pounds each of cracked corn, field peas, 12 pounds of wheat, 2 pounds each of barley and oats, 2 ounces each of fishmeal, flaxseed, kelp meal and salt, 8 ounces of limestone, and 1 pound of Mono-DiCalcium Phosphate.

I have both recipes available, the daily is a grain mix that I give once a day, the weekly is feed free choice and lasts my birds a week or more.
Daily is 17.5 pounds of cracked corn, 12.5 pounds each of barley, oats and 3.25 pounds each of sunflower and wheat.

Weekly is 16 pounds each of cracked corn, field peas, 12 pounds of wheat, 2 pounds each of barley and oats, 2 ounces each of fishmeal, flaxseed, kelp meal and salt, 8 ounces of limestone, and 1 pound of Mono-DiCalcium Phosphate.
What's the nutrition content of your feed?

Fertell feed guy has a excel spreadsheet on his FB page that he had since College. There's a bunch of us that have gone to make our own feed. My chickens all love it, there is fishmeal already added to the weekly. The daily is just to get them jumped started as they're free ranged in a acre yard.

Back
Top Bottom