Feed?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by collegegardener, Oct 2, 2014.

1. collegegardener

collegegardener Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2014
    Russellville, Arkansas
    I'm curious about what everyone feeds their flock. I have 5 hens over 20 weeks, 2 guineas, and a rooster over 20wks old in my flock. What feeds does everyone recommend?

2. tcstoehr

tcstoehr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2014
    Canby, Oregon
    You're in the right forum. There's about a million threads discussing feeding choices. Take a look through there and you'll find quite a bit of information.

1 person likes this.
  3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    X2, there are a number of threads on feeding mixed flocks, this is a nice one with guineas and chickens (a lot is talking about starting with babies, but a number of posts also cover adults) https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...r-guineas-when-they-are-part-of-a-mixed-flock Most people seem to wind up feeding a Flock Raiser type food around 18%-20% protein with oyster shell on the side, or just feeding everybody Layer.

1 person likes this.
  4. collegegardener

collegegardener Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2014
    Russellville, Arkansas
    Thanks! So far I have just been feeding every layer and oyster shells on the side as well. They free range at least a couple hours everyday and get a variety of fruits & veggies as well. I just worry about the long term effects of the extra calcium on my rooster and guineas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by