Feedback on observations of breeds...

I totally understand...just today I realised that the youngest is refusing to eat if she sees the sussex looking at her, even something she really likes, it's been months and still the sussex is bullying her. It's very frustrating.... Now I have to sneak around to get some food in her, so I get you giving them their treats inside, maybe that way they bond with you enough so that they go outside...

Maybe try to get them outside with the non- bullies and put the bullies in a separate area for a while? I don't know if you have the resources for that? Just thinking 'out loud' ...

Thanks for the suggestion...I never thought of putting the underlings in the run and the bullies in the coop...I can do it with a little manipulation. I have a huge run (over 100 ft long so they would have a great adventure. I just get frustrated when a few "bullies" decide how everyone else is going to behave. I'll try it tomorrow

Thanks for the suggestion...I never thought of putting the underlings in the run and the bullies in the coop...I can do it with a little manipulation. I have a huge run (over 100 ft long so they would have a great adventure. I just get frustrated when a few "bullies" decide how everyone else is going to behave. I'll try it tomorrow
O absolutely! I hate that my sussex is making life difficult... Thinking about chickenjail for her too...
Goodluck with the underlings-adventure !

Back
Top Bottom