Feeder ideas for coop

I'd vote for letting them out in the enclosed run. At bedtime call them in to the house with a treat. Once or twice will probably do the trick. We're also new to chicken and ours seem to prefer to go in once it starts to get dark. I found it pretty funny that they'd just march on in as dusk fell. If we're on the late side we find them tucked up on their roost. Of course if your and having trouble getting the in, lock em up.

My first flock 3 hours at new home at night they all went to sleep under coop except 3 of them so I got them and put them in ill have feed inside and out maybe but then ill need to put food up at night to avoid rodents

Last edited:
D.gif
Mine wouldn't go into the coop at night.After dark all I did was put them inside for a few nights and I haven't had to worry about it.I did have a Rooster that wouldn't stay inside for the longest of time.I have a small deck at my door and he would stay just outside the door.Eventually he went in.He was a dominating kind so I know that he wasn't being bullied

I'm sure they will get use to it over time chickens are silly
lau.gif
Yes they are.They are also very entertaining.
pop.gif
Some of the things that they do is hard to believe.I have also found them easy to train to some things.Mine have adapted good as I have been remolding the coop and they have to break old habits and pick up new.
thumbsup.gif

The bantam marches like a soldier on the run side following us while we are on the outside like she defending the fort haha

Back
Top Bottom