Feeder Insect Care

Thank you!
so will the crickets breed in this type of set up or does this just keep them alive longer and less smelly?

Thank you!
so will the crickets breed in this type of set up or does this just keep them alive longer and less smelly?
I believe they will. Mine are chirping a lot which is a sign they are ready to breed. When they lay eggs a paper towel needs to be placed over eggs and I have no clue what goes down from there. I just buy crickets bi-weekly for my gecko.

I put bran in the tubs for mealworms, and thin slices of apple. Crickets I used to give peanut butter, but they also like gamebird feed and veggies.

Last edited:
Here are links to the specific container and fish flakes I use (although it doesn’t really matter).
Container
Fish flakes

Tagging reptile peeps. (Not sure if all of you use feeder crickets... but... yeah :)). I also want to hear how you guys care for your feeders. They don’t have to be crickets, either!
@CapricornFarm @CSAchook @BGcoop @FortCluck @oldhenlikesdogs (not sure if you have reptiles or not), @no fly zone @JadeFarms @Madhouse Pullet @2 many chickens
Hey! For my feeders, which are super worms and crickets eat..
Raw potatoes cut in halves, raw apples cut in half, etc
The apples/potatoes supply the food and water they need to survive. Change the fruits/veggies out every few days, the will stink if you don't.
The super worms live in a container with oats, I toss in a fruit or veggie for nutrition and water.
Really simple💀👍
my other big reptiles eat mice/raw chicken

Hey! For my feeders, which are super worms and crickets are..
Raw potatoes cut in halves, raw apples cut in half, etc
The apples/potatoes supply the food and water they need to survive. Change the fruits/veggies out every few days, the will stink if you don't.
The super worms live in a container with oats, I toss in a fruit or veggie for nutrition and water.
Really simple💀👍
my other big reptiles eat mice/raw chicken
I’ve been wanting to try super worms. Do they need heat?

I put bran in the tubs for mealworms, and thin slices of apple. Crickets I used to give peanut butter, but they also like gamebird feed and veggies.
I don’t know why I just now saw your post. Peanut butter? Interesting. I might have to try it.

Back
Top Bottom