Feederer gets clogged

if its mash and if its not hang up to the ceiling then the food will not come out. I had the same problem. the ground corn would just get stuck.

Yes, it is mash, it is outside in the runarea and it stays on the floor (elevated on the wood, actually).
Are you saying, if it's hanged, it will get clogged less? I will switch to pellets once they finish up with the mash.
There is suppose to be little humidity during the winter!
smile.png

We have that style of feeder, too. I like it a lot, because it keeps the chickens from billing out food. We've never had a problem with it clogging, but we always have our feeders inside, to keep them dry. I worry about mold, since it can be so toxic. Even with a covered run, blowing rain or misty rain would get the food wet outside, here. Or blowing snow. We get a lot of wind here during storms. I've never had a problem when it's really humid. We've fed crumbles, pellets and a grain mix with powdery additives in it. They all seemed to work. If you can't move it inside, maybe pellets would work better for you. At least you have some time to try other things before you have to go away again.

Yes, if it's hanged, it will get clogged less, because it kinda make the feeder drop the mash when the chicken bumb into the feeder, corn and pellet are better because they dont stack up like mash. I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom