Feeders and fonts for Silkies

OvoX

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 16, 2014
Hi. My title really explains my query. I was just wondering what sort of feeders and fonts to use for Silkies since they have a lot of feathers and may need something different to other breeds. Thanks.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Silkies are such cute fun birds to keep. You can use the standard waterers or feeders, but you may need to trim some of the feathers out of their eyes so they can see properly. They can get dehydrated and actually starve to death when they can't see to eat or drink.

Here is a nice Silkies thread you might want to join in on for lots of info and sharing pics, etc...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/297632/silkie-thread

Enjoy your Silkies and welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! X3, the regular feeders/waterers are fine, you may just need to trim the feathers back from their eyes/faces.

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

Back
Top Bottom