Feeding Acorns to Chickens

There was another pic that didn't load for some reason. Sorry the first one was dark, in the shade on a sunny day!

[/URL].
Here are the pics she posted to Facebook before she knew whose they were. It included something about chickens crossing the road :)

HAHA! That is hilarious and helps to answer the question posed by the joke. Why did the chicken cross the road - to eat acorns! Now we know.
OK I wonder if you might do me a huge favor - so that I can put together some information for future reference. Very important - DO YOU KNOW what kind of oak tree this was? Or if you do not - do you mind posting a photo of a leaf and acorn from this oak tree??? This would be very much appreciated. This helps in way that you may never know. Thanks!

HAHA! That is hilarious and helps to answer the question posed by the joke. Why did the chicken cross the road - to eat acorns! Now we know.
OK I wonder if you might do me a huge favor - so that I can put together some information for future reference. Very important - DO YOU KNOW what kind of oak tree this was? Or if you do not - do you mind posting a photo of a leaf and acorn from this oak tree??? This would be very much appreciated. This helps in way that you may never know. Thanks!

I do not know, but I will ask the neighbor whose house it is and if they don't know I'll post pic of tree, leaf, acorn. They are very old trees, historic neighborhood, so sometimes we don't know what we inherited with a property.

I do not know, but I will ask the neighbor whose house it is and if they don't know I'll post pic of tree, leaf, acorn. They are very old trees, historic neighborhood, so sometimes we don't know what we inherited with a property.

Ok so neighbor wasn't home but they may not know since it is in the parking and not on their property technically. But I took some pics. I hope this helps
[/IMG]

Let me know if you need better pics

We have oak trees with acorns but we never get any of them because the Blue Jays take them all. They bury them so maybe this ages the tannin out of them too. The Jays come and Check on the acorns this time of year and when they are ready for harvest they can strip three trees in as many days. The deer are also fans of acornd.

We have oak trees with acorns but we never get any of them because the Blue Jays take them all. They bury them so maybe this ages the tannin out of them too. The Jays come and Check on the acorns this time of year and when they are ready for harvest they can strip three trees in as many days. The deer are also fans of acornd.

Lots of things are fans of acorns. I read a book where the characters had pigs fattening up for winter in the oak forest on acorns so I brought acorns to my friend who had pot bellies. Also that year ( had so many acorns and no chickens) I brought a huge bagful to this sort of wildlife/zoo place that had black bears that I volunteered at. Those bears loved them!

Back
Top Bottom