Feeding chicken livers to chickens?

...Looking up recipes now.
That is easy. Slide the livers off into their bowls. Or dumped liver is good too. Per my lab. She says her bowl is optional.

You might want to keep portions to something around or less than 10% by weight of their diet until you know how splattery it makes your dog's deposits.

Last edited:
That is easy. Slide the livers off into their bowls.
I pasted, in the food processor, 1/2 bag (about 7-8 oz) of frozen veggie mix (think pot pie - corn, carrot, green beans, peas), three cloves of garlic, 1c of enriched rolled oats, 1 lg egg, 1 Tbsp molasses, and 1 1/2? cup of hearts, livers, and gizzards (the parts of six birds).

Spread as a paste in a 9x9 baking dish (2), and cooked 300 degrees, 30 minutes. Its like a soft piece of jerky, about the thickness of a brownie cookie? Dogs were "uncertain" at first, but its rapidly growing on them.

Vitamin content, protein, fat? I haven't a clue.

Last edited:
I pasted, in the food processor 1/2 bag (about 7-8 oz) of frozen veggie mix (think pot pie - corn, carrot, green beans, peas), three cloves of garlic, 1c of enriched rolled oats, 1 lg egg, 1 Tbsp molasses, and 1 1/2? cup of hearts, livers, and gizzards (the parts of six birds).

Spread as a past in a 9x9 baking dish (2), and cooked 300 degrees, 30 minutes. Its like a soft piece of jerky, about the thickness of a brownie cookie? Dogs were "uncertain" at first, but its rapidly growing on them.

Vitamin content, protein, fat? I haven't a clue.
I'd try it.

Probably the oats and vegs, otherwise pretty close to pate/mousse?
Not near so light and creamy. It has "stretch" and "tooth" like a good pasta - or if you leave a splat of jam on the counter till it skins over and becomes sort of rubbery.

I can't answer as to flavor, I honestly can't taste much. "dull meaty"? Sort of a "too much bread in the meatloaf" sort of sense of it.

Oh and don't make it on aluminum foil - even if you sprayed it - doesn't come off easy. I'm freezing it now, hopeful I can peel off the foil that way, then cube it and bag it for long term storage.

Back
Top Bottom