Feeding chicken livers to chickens?

Hi there.
I wouldn't feed them to them for a few reasons;
1.Chickens usually eat chicken feed,corn,vegetables etc so I wouldn't feed them liver.

2.The chickens don't know that it is chicken liver which means they are technically eating
Their people, you are giving them food but they don't know what it is so they will eat it,
It's like someone saying to you "here's some beef" and it is actually human leg,
You won't know that it's human but you are eating other humans so when you think about it, it disgusting.

I wouldn't feed them to the chickens.
If you have a dog give the liver to them.
Goodluck
Fionn.
no chickens eat chicken it safe my vetnieran says its ok its actally stops caablisum its very sfae to feef them chciken

Hi there.
1.Chickens usually eat chicken feed,corn,vegetables etc so I wouldn't feed them liver.

2.The chickens don't know that it is chicken liver which means they are technically eating
Their people, you are giving them food but they don't know what it is so they will eat it,
It's like someone saying to you "here's some beef" and it is actually human leg,
You won't know that it's human but you are eating other humans so when you think about it, it disgusting.

Goodluck
Fionn.
and plsu chicken eat chickens when molting you dont know anything about chicken go reasearch

While I don't have any issues feeding bits of entrails, trimmings, etc to my flock after completing a cull, I don't feed them livers for three reasons. One, my wife likes chicken pate... Two, my wife likes chicken pate. Three, the liver, like the kidneys, are responsible for processing waste, and tend to be where heavy metals and other things toxic in quantity tend to accumulate within the body - I don't want to reinforce that in my living birds by feeding a concentrated source from my just culled birds.

Pragmatism. Nothing more than that.

Hi there.

Goodluck
Fionn.

I see your point, but chickens will eat anything, meat, veggies, styrofoam...
I do not offer chicken to my chickens, instead I offer them the offal and finely diced bone/meat of the back bone/spine of quail when I'm processing their meat for the freezer. I feed the cooked carcass of chicken to my dogs (not offal), and save the broth to cook rice in, make eggdrop soup, etc. I waste as little as is humanly possible in an effort to thoroughly honor the birds' ultimate sacrifice. I take the unwanted offal to an abandoned lot near my home where raptor activity is high due to a creek that runs through that property; Nothing is wasted.

Glad to learn that others are feeding chicken livers to their chickens too. I'm just about to do that myself. I just fried it up in a little chicken fat and chopped it up. I do give them cartilage and other bits off the bone after slow boiling pork or chicken bones for a couple of hours and they love it as a small treat once in a while. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom