Feeding Chicks.. question

GreenGoddess

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 6, 2009
St Pauls, NC
Ok... I just opened my freezer and remembered that I had a pack of ground beef that had started to turn.. I was going to just throw it outside for the critters way back in the yard (chickens are enclosed in a pen).. But, would i be able to give this to my chickens? Maybe in small portions as a "treat" for extra vitamins or whatever? I mean, they eat roadkill, right? So, would this harm them at all?

Goddess:jumpy

I feed mine cooked ground beef, so they can definitely eat it... I would probably cook it. I have no idea how well they handle bacteria from "turned" meat... I know that dogs and vultures and crows can handle it. I don't know about chickens.

I definitely appreciate it.. I wouldn't think they would have a problem with it (raw or cooked) since they eat roadkill and Lord only knows *what* bacteria is growing on that... lol... Anyone else??? I just made up some scrambled eggs in the microwave so I didn't need butter, with some extra fish sticks that were left over in the freezer (cooked them of course) and threw the extra bread crumb crumbles that were left in the bag and threw it all together... gonna give them some in a little bit along with the egg shells too... Hope they like it...
wink.png

Goddess:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom