feeding chooks kitchen scraps

oh i give mine nice treats all the time.

old lettuce, peas (canned, frozen AND fresh), bread, old bagels, carrots, tomatoes, celery (chopped), dried fruits such as blueberries & cranberries, corn, fish scraps (boiled), meat scraps (no beef), millet seeds, chamomile, broccoli.... i could go on and on.

no rice unless it is thoroughly cooked soaked and strained, i suggest rolled oats very few and very rarely. potatoes may not be a good idea.
idunno.gif

Quote:
cooked meat is okay to give them, the only reason i don't give mine beef is because i myself don't eat beef. i prefer deer/moose/caribou.
i didn't know potatoes were okay to give them! I'll start doing that now that i know. thank you!

Potatoe are toxic unless they are cooked I have been told. they are fine once cooked you can even feed dogs on boiled potato peel. Just another treat.

yes a chook is just an affectionate name for a chicken.

I give them just about everything, I boil rice for them without salt and I also cook spaghetti for them and they love it.

I give them all salad, seeds and lentils that are cooked. they also love bread. Hmmmm but I am careful not to give too much of anything.

they should not be given salted food. So I have been told anyway.
lol... they love bread so much my mittens have been at risk all winter because they are white.... they fly for them thinking they are bread. lol...

Quote:
XD thats so cute they attack your mittens! mine attack my shoe-laces (they are neon green) and my boyfriend. the LOVE him, probably because he's the one i always send out to feed/water them. yet i am always the bringer of the treats
lol.png

avocado pip, avoid it, almost anything else is fine, most chickens knows what to eat and what not, mine never touch the raw potato peelings and onion.

Back
Top Bottom