Feeding Different Aged Birds

It will be fine for the three month olds to eat the same feed as a five month old, by this stage in there life they should be strong enough and healthy enough to go of there food, but I wouldn’t recommend doing this for anything Younger than three months. just don’t put the five month olds on the three month old food it could cause angel wing which is when the primary feathers of the wing grow up at a funny angle. although it can be fixed using a bandage it takes a while and is uncomfortable for the bird.
Starter feed fed to older birds will not cause angel wing.

I have 35 months old Hens and 7 months old Pullets.
I feed either a Non-medicated Starter Grower or a All-Flock/Flock Raiser crumble. 18 to 20% Protein. With Oyster Shells separately.
3 Non-medicated feeds available without Amprolium that I use and are available at TSC. 20190323_064315.jpg . 20190323_064228.jpg . 20190323_064140.jpg .
All are good for all ages and genders.
I supply Oyster Shells separately. GC

So even though they're all laying they're not on Layer Mash.
No they're not.
My first Flock feather picked when I switched from 18% Protein to a 16% layers feed. After 3 bags and Pinless peepers, I switched back to a 18% feed and everybody is happy.
When I only had 3 Hens I bought the Purina Start and Grow, because they have a 25 pound bag at TSC.
Now I have 10 chickens so I buy either of the other 2 in a 50 pound bag, Whichever is fresher or available. GC

Back
Top Bottom