Feeding frozen wild caught salmon to chickens?

Apr 22, 2022
Huntingdon, PA
I have about 25 pounds of frozen wild caught salmon filets in a freezer. I will not be eating them personally and am pondering feeding them to my chickens. I raise 20 layers. How much can I feed them, at what intervals, and still somewhat keep the integrity of their current diet? I currently feed 17% Dumor All Flock.

My flock would encourage you to Ponder no more! They LOVE salmon. I add protein, preferably fish, to the same diet (Dumor all flock,) more in winter, less in summer.... I'm feeding 12 and I add about 2 cups of salmon every few days. I don't want to over-do the protein considering the season but I can tell by the beautiful red of their combs and behavior that they do benefit from it. :thumbsup

My flock would encourage you to Ponder no more! They LOVE salmon. I add protein, preferably fish, to the same diet (Dumor all flock,) more in winter, less in summer.... I'm feeding 12 and I add about 2 cups of salmon every few days. I don't want to over-do the protein considering the season but I can tell by the beautiful red of their combs and behavior that they do benefit from it. :thumbsup
Thank you for the input! I am assuming keeping the dosage small...you do not get a fishy taste in your eggs?

Back
Top Bottom