Feeding Hog Feed to Chickens?

Should I feed it to them?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
It's also about the vitamin/ mineral mix, and the balance of ingredients, and freshness. You would be better off moving it on instead. Ouch! 400 pounds! Someone may be happy to pick it up, rather than you having to deliver it. I hope it's still in the feed bags?
Mary
I might try selling it again. Yes, it's still in the bags. :)
On a side note, something that's kind of funny is I've done hogs for 3 years, 2 of them without a truck. I use a mini van. :lau:lau:lau And I'm not joking.

My chickens have done it for years and they are still alive. Actually, the ones by that barn ONLY eat that feed. They run for it as soon as the feeder starts being filled. Their eggs taste good and the shells are thick. No point in wasting that feed. Let the chickens have it or get another load of piglets :):)
I might get more pigs next year! I'm picking up pork today. :yesss:

I don't know about hog feed specifically, but my birds get half all stock instead of layer in the summer. They do just fine on it.

I would feed it to them, maybe half and half with layer. Especially if they're free range—that helps balance their diet. Birds aren't THAT fragile. Obviously, stop if you see issues, and make sure there's no weird additives that could be toxic.

Back
Top Bottom