Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

cowboyclayt

Songster
Mar 1, 2017
Mowing, the woods, the garage.
i have left over hog feed after taking my pigs to the butcher...about 400lbs! Yeah, I didn't do the calculations right.

I read some other threads on here and I think seems the main difference is more protein and corn in hog feed and more calcium in chicken feed.

Would it be okay to feed my chickens the hog feed?

I wouldn’t. Someone fed my chickens horse feed once and they got very sick. Like @DobieLover said maybe try finding a pig farmer and giving the food to them
That's horse feed, I haven't heard of that before but I have heard of people feeding hog feed...I don't know though...thanks for the advice!

I thought about it, but it would currently be more convenient to feed it to the chickens.

You might change your opinion if you end up with lots of sick chickens. Chickens are not difficult to care for but they need a diet specific for them. They are birds, not mammals.
Why don't you try posting on CL? You might get pretty lucky.

You might change your opinion if you end up with lots of sick chickens. Chickens are not difficult to care for but they need a diet specific for them. They are birds, not mammals.
Why don't you try posting on CL? You might get pretty lucky.
Tried it on Facebook, my city isn't on Craigslist. Might change my opinion if they got sick? I most definitely would. I think i will try it and see what happens. Thanks for the advice! I will proceed with caution.

Back
Top Bottom