Feeding my sweet scissor beak

Wow! I had no idea. This was a thing. Thank you so much for all the information. I will definitely watch videos on it before I attempt it. I love her, she is my favorite. I definitely do not want to hurt her. How long is the tube you use?
Here's what I use:
20211009_074548.jpg
The tube is roughly 6 inches, long enough to reach the bottom of her crop. You can measure yours by holding the end of the tube at her crop and extending her neck. Cut the tube to the correct size just above her beak. This doesn't have to be exact. You just need it to be long enough to reach the crop but not have excess tubing you have to push the food through.

Here's what I use:View attachment 2860084The tube is roughly 6 inches, long enough to reach the bottom of her crop. You can measure yours by holding the end of the tube at her crop and extending her neck. Cut the tube to the correct size just above her beak. This doesn't have to be exact. You just need it to be long enough to reach the crop but not have excess tubing you have to push the food through.
Okay thank you. I am learning how to tell if her crop has food in it or not. She got her first bath today. She did really well and I think she loved the warm low dryer on her feathers.

I'm so sorry! I wonder what caused it...
I don't know. We had some storms come through last night. I put them in the coop and shut the door to keep them safe and from getting rain in the coop. I went to let them out this morning and found her. I am so heart broken. I didn't find anything wrong with her. She seemed fine yesterday. I hope it wasn't because she wasn't getting enough to eat. She seems the same size as her sister. I am heart broken. I planned on going to the store today to get the stuff to tube feed her. She was not just a chicken to me, she was a pet, followed me everywhere. She would rather be with me than the flock. She was the most curious. This is my first flock. I never thought I would like chickens but through her God taught me how amazing they really are. She was so great and I am going to miss her so much.

I don't know. We had some storms come through last night. I put them in the coop and shut the door to keep them safe and from getting rain in the coop. I went to let them out this morning and found her. I am so heart broken. I didn't find anything wrong with her. She seemed fine yesterday. I hope it wasn't because she wasn't getting enough to eat. She seems the same size as her sister. I am heart broken. I planned on going to the store today to get the stuff to tube feed her. She was not just a chicken to me, she was a pet, followed me everywhere. She would rather be with me than the flock. She was the most curious. This is my first flock. I never thought I would like chickens but through her God taught me how amazing they really are. She was so great and I am going to miss her so much.
It's so hard to loose a chicken but when you have such a close bond with one It's absolutely devastating. It's not "just a chicken". I truly hope you find peace and know you did everything you possibly could. I hope this doesn't deter you from raising chickens because it's such a rewarding experience. You have my prayers as you move forward from this.

It's so hard to loose a chicken but when you have such a close bond with one It's absolutely devastating. It's not "just a chicken". I truly hope you find peace and know you did everything you possibly could. I hope this doesn't deter you from raising chickens because it's such a rewarding experience. You have my prayers as you move forward from this.
Thank you. I truly appreciate it. I will continue to raise chickens this wont stop me. I love to take care of animals and believe are really missed my calling in life. I have a huge heart for animals and get really attached to mine. I just wish I would have done more for her sooner. Lesson learned. Thank you so much for all the information you provided. I will be more prepared if I ever end up with another cross beak. And thank you for your kindness.

Back
Top Bottom