Feeding only roosters

BigNan

In the Brooder
Jul 13, 2020
This may seem silly and a stupid question but what should I feed my pet roosters? They’ve got about a month until they’re full grown. But all I’ve seen and heard is what you feed hens, when they lay and stuff. It a stupid question I know. I’ve been feeding them grower feed and corn.

Unless you're growing them out to process for your freezer, then fatten those boys up to your heart's content. I like to gradually start adding high calorie (yet inexpensive) foods that they love over their last month. A can of sardines packed in a high quality oil one day (oil and all), a whole papaya with a hole cut into it to allow them to get the fruit without the skin another day or overripe bananas if I have them on hand. It makes me feel better knowing that they'll never suspect what's coming at the end of that month, as they're being treated so royally.

Unless you're growing them out to process for your freezer, then fatten those boys up to your heart's content. I like to gradually start adding high calorie (yet inexpensive) foods that they love over their last month. A can of sardines packed in a high quality oil one day (oil and all), a whole papaya with a hole cut into it to allow them to get the fruit without the skin another day or overripe bananas if I have them on hand. It makes me feel better knowing that they'll never suspect what's coming at the end of that month, as they're being treated so royally.
Lol good idea but these particular roosters are just pets. I don’t think I’d have the heart to eat them.

Back
Top Bottom