Feeding Pet Cornish

bluebird

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 4, 2008
Earth
My Coop
My Coop
I am getting a couple of bantam cornish pullets soon as 'pets with eggs', weather permitting. I currently free feed my birds. I have two large self feeders inside our BirdHouse....one with duck feed and one with pigeon/chicken layer combined. They all share. This works for me as sometimes we are out of town for a day or two. Is this going to be a problem with the cornish pullets? I hear they are little eating machines. They will be quarrantined in our garage for at least a month but after that I plan on puttin them in with the other birds.
Appreciate any input on this.

Where's all the folks with cornish hens? Too busy?
caf.gif
idunno.gif

are you talking cornish crosses or true cornish?

true cornish are not eating machines that the crosses are...

Are you looking at large sizeor bantam?

BantamI have reaised and can tellyou there is no issue there...having not raised the large size I will defer but don't see the issue. Be aware that this breed is not known for egg laying

Quote:
I am talking about true bantam cornish, not cornish cross. I know they aren't the best egg layers but that's ok as long as I get a few eggs a week. I have a polish/silkie cross who gives me 3 to4 eggs a week so a few extra a week is all I need. I'm glad I don't have to worry about them over eating then.

Thank you, Teach97, I appreciate your input.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom