Feeding Raw Salmon...video

Ullie

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 8, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
Today I was cleaning a large salmon and had the head and tail left. I thought I'd see if my recently acquired Marans and Olive Eggers would like it ....boy some of them sure were. I took a short video of them eating and chasing each other :)

Today I was cleaning a large salmon and had the head and tail left. I thought I'd see if my recently acquired Marans and Olive Eggers would like it ....boy some of them sure were. I took a short video of them eating and chasing each other :)

too funny, they do like their meat! They even like pudding lol

Cute video - mine LOVE salmon too - they make the cutest shrills of excitement when I throw a piece in. - they love the cooked skin (lots of good fats in there too).

Anyway... Getting some glimpses of your run and coop - looks like you have alot of great enrichment in there for them. I would love a coop/ run tour if you don't mind sharing with the BYC community.
big_smile.png

Cute video - mine LOVE salmon too - they make the cutest shrills of excitement when I throw a piece in. - they love the cooked skin (lots of good fats in there too).

Anyway... Getting some glimpses of your run and coop - looks like you have alot of great enrichment in there for them. I would love a coop/ run tour if you don't mind sharing with the BYC community.
big_smile.png
Thanks Danielle ~ Before I fenced in the run I built some garden beds using cedar post reinforced with wooden stakes so they wouldn't more. I also put a fairly thick layer of stone dust/screening in some of them (for a dry area) and others have composted horse manure which I plan on turning into some of those grazing beds but for now I turn the earth once in a while for the chickens to go for the worms.

The storm last week knocked down some pine and cedar limbs which I made a rough ladder/roost out of as well as throwing in some pine boughs for them which they love to peck at. And of course there are a couple pumpkins from Halloween.

I have quite a few photos in the album building my coop and if I did it right once you are signed they should be in the album by my signature.
If not let me know and I'd be more than happy to share some photos
smile.png

Last edited:
Thanks Danielle ~ Before I fenced in the run I built some garden beds using cedar post reinforced with wooden stakes so they wouldn't more. I also put a fairly thick layer of stone dust/screening in some of them (for a dry area) and others have composted horse manure which I plan on turning into some of those grazing beds but for now I turn the earth once in a while for the chickens to go for the worms.

The storm last week knocked down some pine and cedar limbs which I made a rough ladder/roost out of as well as throwing in some pine boughs for them which they love to peck at. And of course there are a couple pumpkins from Halloween.

I have quite a few photos in the album building my coop and if I did it right once you are signed they should be in the album by my signature.
If not let me know and I'd be more than happy to share some photos
smile.png

Thanks - i didnt even think of looking on the sig bar
hide.gif
thanks again! My next step is building a preadator proof run for the girls. You have really sparked my immagination I love the run!

I read that it's not advisable to feed them seafood or strong smelling foods because it makes their eggs smell 'off' is that true? Anyone had problems with off-smelling eggs from feeding them seafood?

Back
Top Bottom