Feeding too much?

Mikee1948

Songster
8 Years
May 19, 2011
I generally keep chick grower feed in the outdoor trough and the indoor feeder. They eat it, but are very picky about it. WhenI toss an ear of corn into the run, they go nuts trying to get to it, devouring it in an hour. They are seven weeks old. Too much food available?

I've never had a picky eater. The fresh ear sounds yummy. How many birds? My young birds eat plenty of feed. I usually mince up something green (grass, weed, herb, leaf, lettuces) every couple days or more often and toss a small handful per 7 birds. Or even small pieces of apple, or whatever fruit is ripe on my trees.

Just five birds. I had squash, watermelon, and tomatoes in the run. They all turned their noses up at those. But corn on the cob, they drag the cob around with them to keep it away from the others. Bugs they like too. Wonder if there's any danger to over feeding?

no tomatoes i think they are toxic plants friut and all of it im pretty sure

Mine LOVE tomatoes. And if it slows their egg laying I would hate to see what would happen if I quit feeding them tomatoes!

Mine also LOVE tomatoes, and zucchini, lettuce, yellow squash and devour watermelon! I don't give them too much fresh corn, not much value in it.

Back
Top Bottom