Feeding Wild Birds

Pics
:hmm
IMG_20240317_184114645~2.jpg

I put up a fence around my feeders to help protect the wild birds from predators...
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(that's Alice, a semi-feral who appreciates the cat food I provide)

When I got to the beagle club this morning, White Bird was hunting the lower fields. Once she saw me she went up high and put on an aerial display for my pleasure. Evicted deer mice from one bird box. Not only have the Woods frogs mated, but the tadpoles are hatching. How did I miss that - never heard them.

Went to the club and dodged raindrops for an hour or so. Saw the first woodcock of the season. Saw signs of their presence, but this is the first bird I have seen. They used to breed here, but haven't in several years. I miss seeing and hearing their mating dances.

Went to the club and dodged raindrops for an hour or so. Saw the first woodcock of the season. Saw signs of their presence, but this is the first bird I have seen. They used to breed here, but haven't in several years. I miss seeing and hearing their mating dances.
The only live woodcock I saw was briefly when I was leaving work one day. A landscaper was using a leaf blower and startled the woodcock. It flew into a window, and didn't survive.
:hit
The feathers were so beautiful and soft. I buried it.

Back
Top Bottom