Feeds affecting laying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Thank you again for sharing this. Let me start by saying that's a remarkably good feed for a local mill and a layer ration. Someone cared a bit and had some real knowledge when they put that together.

Lets compare, shall we?? Going to post in a Spreadsheet to make it easy.
Minimum RecommendProducer's Pride 16% LayerWalnut Hill 16% Layer
Crude Protein16%16%16%
Crude Fat+/- 3.5%1.5% Min2.5% Min
Crude Fiber+/- 3.5%10% Max4.5% Max
Calcium+/- 4.0%+/- 4%+/- 4%
Phosphorus0.40%0.40%0.64%
Lysine0.60%0.60%0.80%
Methionine0.30%0.32%0.36%

In short, PP 16% Layer meets or exceeds the minimum recommends on crude protein, key (disclosed) amino acids, Calcium Phosphorus. Fat is low, fiber is high - likely because its basic grain mix (the bulk of the feed) is also used by PP in mixes intended for other types of livestock. Ingredients begin Wheat Middlings, Ground Corn, Corn Distillers Dried Grains with Solubles, Calcium Carbonate, Dehulled Soybean Meal. We know the calcium carbonate is what is used to provide the 4% calcium by weight, which tells you how little soy is in it.

For comparison, even though the total crude protein is the same, Walnut Hill's blend has about 12% more Methionine (Connective tissue, skin, digestive tract), 33% more Lysine (Muscle building mostly) and over 50% more phosphorus (helps bone growth and Ca : P ion balance, buffers excess calcium, too.) Its also much lower fiber, less chance the high fiber will slow digestion or block nutrient uptake in undesired ways. It gets better. Ingredients Corn, Soybean Meal, Processed Grain Byproducts, Dicalcium Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate... Dicalcium Phoshate has been studied as alternative to Calcium Carbonate (oyster shell, among other source), and is used widely in parts of Africa and the middle east. Calcium tocixity is much lower when calcium is provided in the form of Calcium Diphosphate as compared to calcium carbonate. I judge it a substantially superior feed. Obviously, I have no way to know how much corn is being blended with how much soy, but if I had to guess, I'd say its probably 60% corn, 20-25% soy meal - meanin that in addition to the excellent Lysine level, it has a very good Threonione level. "Processed Grain Byproducts"? I'm guessing they are looking for a way to increase both Met (a little) and Tryptophan (a bit more) - something like wheat middlings perhaps

Frankly, its better than the layer I'm getting right now, by a fair margin.
What a great analysis.

If you do not read any other part of my post please follow this link and read if you think your hens have a laying issue.

https://cokerfeedmill.com/why-did-the-chicken-stop-laying-the-egg-too-busy-crossing-the-road/

If you really think you have a bad batch of feed you should have it tested. Simple.

If something truly sinister was going on and someone wanted to do something to poultry feed so we couldn't have home raised eggs ????Don't you think it would affect ALL brands???

Now here's my feed story.
I normally feed Nutrena or Purina Flock Raiser. Due to poor rotation of feeds locally sometimes I get what brand is freshest.

I had been feeding Nutrena All Flock for the last several months. When I bought feed in December it was sold out so I got Dumor.

I've been through about 75 lbs of it now, a little over a month. I've seen no difference in laying.

I have 4 pullets laying now. One started laying since the Dumor feed change. The other 3 are still laying the same 5-6 eggs per week.

I also have hens 3-10 years old. Some no longer lay at all. The others usually start around February.

I'm not seeing a problem with Dumor. I see no real change.
It is possible that the companies also got some bad or mislabeled ingredients from their suppliers and they were deficient or labeled ingredients were wrong ingredients. Just think of all the human foods and supplements that have been recalled due to inaccurate or missing ingredients that are supposed or not supposed to be there.
I remember years back when cats were getting sick and and some had died because the Cat food did not have any or inadequate amounts of Taurine.

Last edited:
It is possible that the companies also got some bad or mislabeled ingredients from their suppliers and they were deficient or labeled ingredients were wrong ingredients. Just think of all the human foods and supplements that have been recalled due to inaccurate or missing ingredients that are supposed or not supposed to be there.
I remember years back when cats were getting sick and and some had died because the Cat food did not have any or inadequate amounts of Taurine.

Yes.

That's why I said this. 👇

If you really think you have a bad batch of feed you should have it tested. Simple.

Found out why there may be a war on chickens...for all you that say we are conspiracy theorists.. Apparently, the antibiotics in eggs yoke helps protect against covid-19 and also breaks down the spiked protein in the vaccine.

Attachments

• EF4DCD30-34FF-4A72-A3DC-0859917FAD32.jpeg
    EF4DCD30-34FF-4A72-A3DC-0859917FAD32.jpeg
    349.6 KB · Views: 4
I read that a while ago. I thought it was really interesting that the yolks have to come from eggs produced by chickens that have been vaccinated with the S1 protein. Seems to me, too, that the NIH would suppress this study since they are a governmental institution. And that the lead scientist on this study is Chinese. It actually seems to support producing the S1 spiked vaccines, so I'm not sold.

Regarding egg yolks binding the Covid spike protein (quotes aren't working right, but it's mentioned about 2 posts ago).

Here are two places that I found the full text of the study:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7608017/
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1567576920336390

If those links go bad, search for the study by its name (in the picture provided by @Sherry68lynn )

Takeaway point: egg yolks from most hens will not have this effect. It only works when the hens were injected with the Covid spike protein.

Two quotes from the study:
"we purified anti-spike-S1 IgYs from hens that were immunized with the S1 domain of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein..."

"Each hen was injected (intramuscular) with 150 μg of the recombinant spike protein under the wings, once a week for 4 weeks, and then IgY was extracted..."

Last edited:
Totally. I’ve had issues for months, and I’ve heard lots of people using Dumor and producers pride have had major issues with laying decreasing. I only ever used Purina and Country spirit. I finally just switched to Nutrena 18% protein soy free layer pellet called hearty hen I believe. Within four days of switching their feed, I’ve already seen an egg increase each day. When before I was maybe getting one-two I suddenly got four. I have 15 laying hens in there… that’s not many eggs from them, but that’s more than we were getting. It’s still increasing and I’m excited to see what it does as time goes on. I’ve gotten weird looks, and people have thought I’m weird and outright said to me that’s not the reason my hens stopped laying, but in the end it’s my decision to do what I think is right for my flock, and although I was slightly nervous that it wouldn’t work,I'm glad I switched because it’s already paying off. I 100% recommend Nutrena soy free later pellets, they have already made a huge difference for my birds. I hope this helps.

As I just posted in another thread, I've also been having a production issues for months. I've changed many things, how I feed them, reduced roosters, and more. My production barely went up and I've got 40 laying hens. (I got it up to around 9 from 3).

I'll try Nurtrena if I can find it locally and report back.

I read that a while ago. I thought it was really interesting that the yolks have to come from eggs produced by chickens that have been vaccinated with the S1 protein. Seems to me, too, that the NIH would suppress this study since they are a governmental institution. And that the lead scientist on this study is Chinese. It actually seems to support producing the S1 spiked vaccines, so I'm not sold.
What does the study mean? I don’t understand so much of scientific articles…math is my thing. Words can confuse me.

What does the study mean? I don’t understand so much of scientific articles…math is my thing. Words can confuse me.

I think it works out to:
--inject hens with part of the Covid virus
--collect eggs from hens
--extract antibodies from the yolks of the eggs
--show that those antibodies actually do something about the Covid virus in a test environment (not in people or in chickens)

There are lots of details about how many times they injected the hens, how they extracted the antibodies from the yolks, how they tested them, why they chose those methods, , and so forth. They also talk about who else has done what kinds of similar research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom