Feel a bit bad about killing a rat...

Quote:
Look, I'm a 97 lb. gal out there in the middle of the night. My post was meant to be somewhat humorous, though a difference between rationality and not caring for the aftermath of beating something to death should be acknowledged...

Quote:
Very cool. My cats are spooked by the chickens. They catch birds and things, but for whatever reason, they didn't like them from the get-go. "Eek! Box of peeping fuzzybutts!"

Quote:
Oh he's fine now that he spends most of his time inside with us. Now when he gets out, he runs to the front door and barks, if no one lets him in, he runs around to the back door and barks. If still no one lets him in, he comes back to front, and stares laser holes in the glass in the front screen door until someone comes and lets him in ^.^

Quote:
Good idea. Does that kill them right away?

If you shoot them right in the head it normally does, I have had to shoot them a couple of times if I didn't hit them right the first time; now I don't like that...I don't like anything to suffer, even a rat
sad.png

Quote:
Oh he's fine now that he spends most of his time inside with us. Now when he gets out, he runs to the front door and barks, if no one lets him in, he runs around to the back door and barks. If still no one lets him in, he comes back to front, and stares laser holes in the glass in the front screen door until someone comes and lets him in ^.^

lol.png
Ah, yes. I'm familiar with these laser holes. Powerful and irresistible they are! He sounds great (and smart).

Quote:
Good idea. Does that kill them right away?

If you shoot them right in the head it normally does, I have had to shoot them a couple of times if I didn't hit them right the first time; now I don't like that...I don't like anything to suffer, even a rat
sad.png

Yeah me neither. I don't like when we go hunting and someone comes along that hasn't practiced or is a bad shot. I mean, *really* bad. Suffering AND ugly venison!

(For the very manly members on page two, no, I don't usually process the kills- my father does. I'm a good shot though.
wink.png
)

Quote:
Thanks for the warning. I've been around lots of critters, but never had to deal with rats.

What's weird is that I emptied that coop and inspected top, bottom, all around. I can't figure out how they got IN!!! The entire thing is two+ feet off the ground, and I didn't think they could jump that high. Can they? If not, they must have repelled down the front somehow from the roof. It's raw plywood, and I've been meaning to paint it. I think I'll go glossy and perhaps eliminate their footholds. One way or other, I'm gonna win this one!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom