Feel like quitting!! My gorgeous bourbon red stag 'Clyde' killed and stolen.

Thank you all once again, the police are coming to the allotment at 9.30 tomorrow although there probably won't be much they can do but at least it will be recorded. I am going to take as many security measures as possible and then decide whether I feel it is safe enough to bring Bonnie back with a possible new partner or rehome her somewhere safe with other turkeys. My mum says she hasn't eaten much today
sad.png

Last edited:
walk around the neighborhood on trash day. feathers dont do too well down garbage disposals. bring a dog with you. they love the smell of blood and may point you to some trash cans that will lead to....

That is so sad. I can't believe someone would do that. But don't give up. Giving up would cut off all chances of having fun with your birds completely.
Something keeps killing my silkies, and it seems hopeless to ever have a nice flock of silkies, but I rather try because I love silkies.
I'm sure there's a way to add more protection. You could make it a lot harder for someone to get in the pen. Like, putting padlocks and stuff.

Thank you all once again, the police are coming to the allotment at 9.30 tomorrow although there probably won't be much they can do but at least it will be recorded. I am going to take as many security measures as possible and then decide whether I feel it is safe enough to bring Bonnie back with a possible new partner or rehome her somewhere safe with other turkeys. My mum says she hasn't eaten much today
sad.png
Any luck?
hmm.png

Thank you so much for asking, they came, looked around, took a statement and the ice pick (which had no finger prints due to mud and rain). They are investigating it as a burglary. There isn't really much else they can do or any leads as to who it was but at least they are taking it seriously as I'm sure there were a few laughs at the police station over a killed and stolen turkey at Christmas
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom