1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

feeling crummy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Godsgrl, May 8, 2009.

1. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I've been out in the sun alllll day today, and now I don't feel very well. I can't really explain it, just feel lousy. [​IMG] It was 89 today, felt like 91 with humidity. I think I will take a shower, then start guzzling drinks. [​IMG]

2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    yes...drink...very important to rehydrate yourself.

I've done that to myself and gotten sunpoisoning and spewed all over beef a roo in my younger years--went to go watch a boyfriend play a bunch of soccer games and had nothing to drink and sat in the sun for hours. so then i get to the restaurant and guzzle some water. uh...projectile and i DID NOT make it to the bathroom. and I almost hit a kid. ha ha. it was the worst.

rehydrate and rest...hope you start feeling better.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    DRINK Lots of water.

I went out at 3 to do chores.. gather eggs.. (got 11 today) and before I got back in I was sweating so bad I could hardly cool down.

I jumped in the pool and that helped a little. It's still 105 out there and all my chickens have their wings spread and are panting. Can't wait till October.

4. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    Can't wait till October.

I live in Ohio. There will be no talk of October. [​IMG]

5. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Thanks all, I am drinking and drinking here. The shower helped a little. The heat sure gets you when you aren't paying attention to it.

Maplesky-yuck! What a disaster! LOL [​IMG]

Mahonri-I've been to AZ one time during the summer, and I'll never do it again. [​IMG] It is just too disgustingly hot there. No offense....hope your chickens stay cool. And you too! I'll hop into my pool if I can ever get it clean. That's part of what I did outside today.

Preppy-I've never been to Ohio, but you are pretty far north, so I'm assuming your winters are pretty bad. Do you get humidity in the summer? [​IMG]

I'm in GA, by the way.

6. Sammysmom

Sammysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Quote:I feel ya Mahonri! [​IMG] Desert rat born and raised here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by