Felling Sad. Need to open up.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by MatskevichFarm, Aug 4, 2016.

1. MatskevichFarm

MatskevichFarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2016
    Hello BYC,

I knew in March when we started with our flock that I would get attached and treat these cute birds as family members. So I promise myself to do everything possible to keep them healthy and happy. We give them the best food, we make sure the environment is clean, we give the vitamins they need and we love them very much.
    So it's very hard for me to watch one of them getting sick. I feel powerless and because we don't have all the means to it, I can't spend money with a vetenerian, I do my research, I talk to you guys, I talk with people at my local farm products store, and I do everything I can, everything it's possible to me.
    But right now, just hurts, seeing the poor little girl sitting on the corner, she doesn't want to play, or eat the treats, and she can't tell me what is wrong, and that kills me. I know for most of the people that are just animals, sometimes just food, but in these past few months I learned to love them and it's horrible to feel like this.

Thank your for listening!

2. SueT

SueT Overrun With Chickens

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Further describe the symptoms, there are probably people here who know what it is and have possible treatment ideas.....

3. FlyWheel

FlyWheel Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't think they're "just food", or food providers. They're pets, and you are completely normal in feeling for them when they are sick. And I believe most others here will agree with that. Including some of the 'chook-avores" I'll bet. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  4. MatskevichFarm

Mar 13, 2016
    She has coccidiosis, I just saw the poop with blood this morning.

5. MadamPoofyBrow

MadamPoofyBrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2015

You could get some Corid at TSC. I know someone who saved a flock from coccidiosis with Corid.
    *hugs*

6. MatskevichFarm

Mar 13, 2016
    I got it. They help me out at my local TSC and also Agway, and I started the treatment this afternoon. I just hope she can fight this.
    Thank you all for the messages.[​IMG]

7. SueT

SueT Overrun With Chickens

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Keep us updated, you have a support group here....good luck!

8. Grandmadee

Grandmadee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2016
    Layton, Utah
    A little prayer never hurts I'll send one your way.

9. MatskevichFarm

Mar 13, 2016
    Thank you all!
    So today I have been watching everybody closely. Harry, my baby that is sick is walking around a little more today, she seems to be eating and drinking too. Haven't seems as much poop with blood as I saw yesterday. Today was the second day with the medicine and I'm just praying that everybody stays okay.

That's Harry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    You might want to treat them all if you haven't already.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by