Female 4 week old Craigslist bought quails?!

I’m located in st.louis, Missouri. Thanks very much for responding! This seller chose the quails using 1 minute. :he:hit
my advice would be to watch them over next few weeks and see if any crow or lay without any aggressive behaviors and either find a different seller in your area that will let you pick your own with help or order hens from myshire farms. I personally would grow out and process any extra males from this batch. I’m about a 4-6 hour drive but will try to keep an eye out for any quail peeps in your area on byc or facebook!!

Did the seller give you any kind of guarantee? I charge a lot more for hens than roos, but I tell my customers that if I make a mistake, I will exchange it. I had a customer return a roo on Sunday. I got 6 out of the 7 right. She'll get a hen as soon as I can tell which of my new hatch are girls.

Did the seller give you any kind of guarantee? I charge a lot more for hens than roos, but I tell my customers that if I make a mistake, I will exchange it. I had a customer return a roo on Sunday. I got 6 out of the 7 right. She'll get a hen as soon as I can tell which of my new hatch are girls.
No, she just charged 4 dollars each quail and picked random quails without sexing them when I asked for all hens.:hit

Did you ask to exchange the males for females?

I didn't bother. First of all, they made me vent sex them, so technically it was my mistake (don't rely on vent sexing at seven weeks old!). Also, I got too attached to them!!! :oops:

The males were supposed to be $5 and the females $7, but I got three males for $7 each! Well... $6 extra is worth it for my special boys! 😊

I didn't bother. First of all, they made me vent sex them, so technically it was my mistake (don't rely on vent sexing at seven weeks old!). Also, I got too attached to them!!! :oops:

The males were supposed to be $5 and the females $7, but I got three males for $7 each! Well... $6 extra is worth it for my special boys! 😊

However, if you want to, you could try to exchange yours. Considering how you've described your experience with buying them, I kind of doubt they would accept exchanges, but it's worth a try!

Back
Top Bottom