"Female" chocolate runner ducks with green sheen and chasing other ducks??

From all I have read about Metzers this isn’t the norm
I Was ordering from Cal Hatchery first. My neighbor got a few chicks, my friend got a few chicks and I ordered ducks. With everything we ordered, we were above the amount for the small order fee. After I made the purchase, my ducklings got cancelled because they have to be ordered separately and I was left in charge of safely delivering the chicks to the proper homes. Once the ducks were no longer coming, I decided to order from Metzer because their small order fee is less than Cal Hatch. While reading reviews, I saw all very great things people had to say. From the moment I opened the box and saw double ducks and then even until this day, I’m just constantly confused, flustered, and kinda bummed. I love the ducklings and I think im going to keep the males despite having too many males already (sorry future hubby), because I know I’ll figure something out and give them a far better life than if they were to get rehomed elsewhere. BUT the future hubs who is not fond in the slightest of having poultry, has agreed to go pick up some pullets to integrate into our zoo. The existing male ducks did kill one chicken, but my other chicken I think had a preexisting internal issue which caused her to die in my arms. So from having 4 hens, I’m down to 2. Life isn’t perfect, but it’s all gonna be ok. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I checked Metzer and saw mostly positive reviews, so placed an order feeling confidant they had the expertise to sex the birds, but I surely regret that decision now. I can't even begin to tell you how much. This complicates my life at a very bad time, and I'm heartbroken at the choices I am now forced to make.

I checked Metzer and saw mostly positive reviews, so placed an order feeling confidant they had the expertise to sex the birds, but I surely regret that decision now. I can't even begin to tell you how much. This complicates my life at a very bad time, and I'm heartbroken at the choices I am now forced to make.
What is your flock status as of now? I am just going to block off a separate space and rotate boys in and out like others have suggested to me. I know it’s not doable for everyone though. What area do you live in?

I now have two females and seven males, and one of the females is quite old. I don't know if she'll make it through another winter so I'll be down to the one female. We're on the north Olympic Peninsula. So my choices are to cull the males; or try to rehome the girls and keep an all male flock which I don't really want; or keep them separate which requires making permanent housing for two flocks at a time when my husband is experiencing life threatening health issues, is unable to help, and I have little time to put into anything but his care. 😟

I now have two females and seven males, and one of the females is quite old. I don't know if she'll make it through another winter so I'll be down to the one female. We're on the north Olympic Peninsula. So my choices are to cull the males; or try to rehome the girls and keep an all male flock which I don't really want; or keep them separate which requires making permanent housing for two flocks at a time when my husband is experiencing life threatening health issues, is unable to help, and I have little time to put into anything but his care. 😟
I am so sorry… take things one day at a time. I hope your husbands health improves and in time your drake situation is resolved.

Back
Top Bottom