Female ducks not laying. REALLY CONCERNED!!

It could also possibly be the weather and time of year.I real that ducks will start when the days lenghten and it warms up in the spring.also its normal for a duck to start laying 6-8 months old.

Yea I just thought they would start at the same since they were sibilings but I guess I will give her some time.

They may not start at the same time and it could be both that are laying, they don't always lay every day.

I've had a welsh harlequin start laying again about 2 weeks ago. Today one of the runners started laying again - I'll have no idea when the other 2 runners are laying unless I have 3 blue/green eggs one day

I agree with TLWR. Since it's only been a week I wouldn't worry too much. Plus when they first start they may not be consistent so one may be laying one day and the other the next day. But if you have shaving or straw take a rake and dig around a little. I've found a couple of eggs that were buried pretty well.

I was given a trio of ducks about 6 months old in January. The females are siblings and the one started laying every day about a week after I got her. The other started 2 weeks after that, but only laid every few days for the first couple of weeks. Now they both lay daily.

Back
Top Bottom