Female ringneck mad whenever male coos

ItsYelik

In the Brooder
Jan 26, 2021
So I recently incorporated a Wild Type male ring neck in with my Snow White female ringneck. They love and groom on each other constantly and rarely separate from each other.
I noticed the other day that when the male begins bow cooing, the female will peck at his head to silence him. She only ever does this when he coos. I was wondering if anyone knew why she could be doing that?
My theory was that maybe she thought he was courting my fiancé and I, and she became jealous, because she’s always cooing at us with her rear in the air, but I’m not sure.
Any thoughts or comments are very appreciated!

Last edited:
So I recently incorporated a Wild Type male ring neck in with my Snow White female ringneck. They love and groom on each other constantly and rarely separate from each other.
I noticed the other day that when the male begins bow cooing, the female will peck at his head to silence him. She only ever does this when he coos. I was wondering if anyone knew why she could be doing that?
My theory was that maybe she thought he was courting my fiancé and I, and she became jealous, because she’s always cooing at us with her rear in the air, but I’m not sure.
Any thoughts or comments are very appreciated!
Do you know the female is a female? Has she laid eggs?

I don't really know about ringnecks,... but it sounds like your pair gets along most of the time? Does the male seem intimidated or afraid of the hen?

@Serin ?
They're definitely doing better, but it's still a bit rocky. It almost seems like she doesn't like how he coos. And she would be constantly preening him, but he would get annoyed and basically peck her telling her to back off. I've noticed his coo is starting to sound more like hers, and she isn't pecking him as much. It got kinda bad to a point where she was getting him with her wing when he cooed. It seems much better now though

Back
Top Bottom