Female Swedish duck?

Babyquail

Chirping
Aug 17, 2021
Kentucky
I’ve been told that Swedish ducks have a blue-green bill, so dose that make my 2 month old a female? And a blue Swedish? ( if anyone want to hear this dudes funny story just ask :) )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18
Definitely a blue swedish. I have a male just like it. It can take a while for the bill to change if it's a male. If it's a female, the bill will remain the same color. The tail can also take a while to curl. I would base it on quack!

I would love to hear your beautiful ducks story!
So, I bought 5 assorted duck eggs and one was scrambled, one died day 12, one died day 14-15, and one turned out to be a chicken and died day 21 ( I got it it’s own incubator and everything, it’s name was supposed to be Lucky and the remaining ducks name was going to be Ducky) and the remaining egg had an air cell deformation- it was lopsided. Duck pipped and was stuck for 50 hours and I had to assist hatch him ( My first time hatching ducks, and I’ve only hatched quail once), with the help of the person who gave me the eggs over face time. Luckily it all went well, and his umbilical cord was even gone! He had a few walking problems but some supplant nutrients fixed that up. The next day the lady had one baby duck hatch under a chicken, and I got her for 5 bucks, she was a little kaki Campbell it looked like, and I named her cutie pie, and the first one Lucky Charms, lucky part coming from the chicken that never hatched, and how lucky he was to be alive and a blue Swedish ( my favorite breed, lady only had 2!) and Cham coming from how he was labeled egg #3, third times the charm. After only 3 days of being alive, Cutie pie suddenly died, it was very sad and Lucky was upset for a few days afterword :( then I got a call from a friend of a friend who had a 3 month old unknown gender call duck who was also a single duckling because it hatched 3 weeks late! I took at and kept the name Solo, you can see him in the first picture. At first Solo was scared of Lucky and lucky didn’t like solo, but now Solo freaks out if she doesn’t have Lucky, and they both live outside. Long story, but that’s my ducks :)

Back
Top Bottom