Females are male aggressive?

I have the aggressor in a separate pen with a different male presently. They are getting along, and he's pretty docile. You're right, the dynamics can change in a single day. See how they fare tomorrow. He was happy with the bachelors but let's just hope he knows how to treat a girl right.

I had a group of females who beat up a male as well. I ended up giving them a more dominant male to teach them a lesson. They all get along fine now.

These females though, don't seem to want anything to do with males. Perhaps splitting up the group may help.
I agree. Split the group and give away the first in order hen before they all end up aggressive

I would put the males in the pen first, mist everything and everyone with vinegar/water, move the furnishings around, and then add 1 hen at a time. Give it a few hours each and see who brings the trouble, I find it’s usually one ring leader who riles everyone up.
FloorCandy what do you think about housing two males in one pen with 16 females? Pen is 10' x 5' with five different hides.

Back
Top Bottom