Feminist Hens

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
It seems I've raised strong-willed hens. This morning Cheeto the Buff Rooster was trying to show a little love to one of my welsummer hens. She was clearly not interested in his affections. She finally shook him off and he sauntered off across the run. She stood there for a minute and then ran after him. Unrequited love? Nope. She ran up to him and pecked him on the head. HARD! "Take THAT you brute!" If she'd had a purse she would have slapped him upside the head with it!

Ahhhh, chicken love.
big_smile.png

Cheeto and his buff hens Dorito and Frito were named by my sister after a lunchtime discussion with my young nieces about things that were yellow.
big_smile.png

Cheeto is very much an adolescent roo. He acts just like a teenage boy with raging hormones. The girls are entirely too dignified to put up with his idiocy. I'm hoping he'll grow into a nice, gentlemanly roo. Silly boy!

You always here that EE's are calm and gentle,,,and they are with us people. But my three girls,,,will not live with my Roo and the rest of the flock. Feather pulling,,,chicken screamin,, blood flyin,,, ,jumpin up and down mess!!! I had to separate them!! So my three EE's live in their own house and run. They will turn their heads when my Roo comes over to coo them through the fence!! They walk away!! What can I say,,,,Chickens,,,,
th.gif
D.gif
D.gif
clap.gif

Quote:
I've got two of those adolescent Buff roos, one is Leroy Brown (he thinks he's all that and a bag of...well...Cheetos) and his henchman, Dwight Schrute. Leroy is definitely the Alpha roo. I had to separate the two of them the other day because Leroy and Dwight were tag-teaming my poor Lucille. It's like a soap opera out there!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom