fence suggestions...

I like the price a lot. It isn't the 4x4 squares, but it does have smaller squares at the bottom to prevent the grown birds from squeezing out. I like that it is 12.5 gauge with a 10 gauge top and bottom wire to help with stretching the fence. The second pic shows square size.

I like the price a lot. It isn't the 4x4 squares, but it does have smaller squares at the bottom to prevent the grown birds from squeezing out. I like that it is 12.5 gauge with a 10 gauge top and bottom wire to help with stretching the fence. The second pic shows square size.
I also like that the larger top squares make the fence less visible.
Which product are you talking about @Ghosty ?
Always good to quote the post you are replying to.

Which product are you talking about @Ghosty ?
Always good to quote the post you are replying to.
Sorry, I was at work and rushed my replies. I can't seem to figure out how to add a quote or reply from the edit page. My posts were in a row, but the first was on the previous page. I was referencing this post. I bought 4 rolls of the 47" x 330' Redbrand woven field fence.
Thank you! What do you like and dislike about it?
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/red-brand-woven-field-fence-330-ft-l-x-47-in-h

Because our fencing has to work for horses too, we have mostly the 2x4" woven wire 'no climb' horse fencing. The one area at the lot line where only larger dogs and chickens matter, the 4x4" goat fencing works well (except for the juvenile bantams).
Mary

If you use welded wire, do NOT use a string trimmer near it ... not unless you want the welds ripped and the wires bent creating holes.
:gig Oh, yeah, gotta be careful... BTDT,
not so much breaking welds as it will chew up your string pretty fast.
Broke more welds with mower deck than string trimmer.
Roundup then burning every couple years worked for me.
My WW fence has been up 20+ years and still in pretty damn good shape.

Ours, not so much. Without electric tape or rope on the top, nothing would be left, and even so, the horses and cattle know how to 'age' it very effectively. It only looks new for a while...
Mary

Ours, not so much. Without electric tape or rope on the top, nothing would be left, and even so, the horses and cattle know how to 'age' it very effectively. It only looks new for a while...
Mary
Mine was only holding obedient dogs in.... and most wild life, and people, out.

not so much breaking welds as it will chew up your string pretty fast.
In my experience that depends on the string trimmer. I have an electric one and yep, the fence eats the string. It only runs about 20 minutes before a 40+ minute recharge. I'd never get the fence trimmed at that rate. My gas trimmer will rip the same welded wire fence like paper. TSC 2x4 welded wire fence. It is on the inside of the north fence line which is hotwire on the outside. I had the welded wire from some other project so I used it to keep the chickens on the inside.

Back
Top Bottom