Fences and more for Free: The Wattle-Fence-Club

Your fence is truly a work of art. It's so beautiful. 👩‍🎨
Thank you very much! 💙
That's too much of an honor: I am a rookie beginner and compared with what i have seen on the internet, my fence is rather crude and there is plenty of room for improvement. But it will get the job done for this year and what would life be without learning new things every day?

Today's result of about 1½ hours of work:
full
The three 2x2's are the only store bought parts of the fence. I rammed them about a hand deep into the ground with a t-post driver. The three branch-posts between them are just a few inches in the ground and only serve as weaving posts.
So tomorrow i need to go out into the woods again and harvest more twigs and branches…

Looks great! I don't have anywhere to cut the twigs but maybe the town dump will allow me to take some. I have a small section between 2 sheds I would like to do this to.

BTW you better find those sheers before you run them over with the mower or someone/duck steps on them
The Duckies found them yesterday! - I was out on the hill cutting more branches for the fence, when they all gathered around at one spot, squawking and squeaking about something. I walked over to them and there were the sheers on the ground. Thank you very much Duckies!

In expectation of the heavy showers that were forecasted for today i just kept close to the house and gathered some more material. That is today's harvest in branches:
full

And i found a good method to bring the harvest home, just wrap it tight with a strap and pull it home:
full

But cutting shrubs and branches is a bloody business:
full

And i had a close call with a widow-maker! - A sudden wind-gust, i heart a loud crack, followed by a loud thud, turned around and just 10 meters away from me:
full

This is where i came from, just a branch of that rotten tree to the left:
full
Must be the week for it! I almost got hit with a branch Wednesday!

Finally today i had the time to finish the wattle fence around the vegetables bed:
full

full

I am re-using one of my old fence-gates to block the opening between the wattle-fence and the house:
full

Now i must think about what to do next…
Are you going to cut those sticks a little shorter on that one side? That's bugging me. 😜

Are you going to cut those sticks a little shorter on that one side? That's bugging me. 😜
I have cut down the thinner sticks to the height of the fence itself, because those were bothering me too. As for the remaining ones, i won't cut the corner post, it is nice and sturdy and i hold on to it many times when i am exhausted and on the other's i may place some shiny flags or tape to scare away pesky birds who want to peck into my zucchinies…
It now looks like this:
full

Back
Top Bottom