Fencing options

I'll update you all since it's been a couple months. We did not charge the fence. You have to house the energizer close to the fence. Our high humidity and 40 inches of rain per year make that mandatory. It was proving difficult. We have an older brick house without exterior outlets. So it's just the netting and it's been great so far. The pullets got out on rare occasion when they were smaller. But at 14 weeks, they are too fat to fit through. No flights so far. No dogs either.

I'll update you all since it's been a couple months. We did not charge the fence. You have to house the energizer close to the fence. Our high humidity and 40 inches of rain per year make that mandatory. It was proving difficult. We have an older brick house without exterior outlets. So it's just the netting and it's been great so far. The pullets got out on rare occasion when they were smaller. But at 14 weeks, they are too fat to fit through. No flights so far. No dogs either.
I hope you won't be too disappointed if and when it happens because it will.

My chickens have never roosted in their run, they roost in a coop. (Both are predator proof) Somethings been digging and trying to get in the run but I have an apron around the bottom. I have a game camera set on it now to see whats trying to kill my chickens. A bob cats been killing my neighbors chickens but I think I have a weasel or coon .

My chickens have never roosted in their run, they roost in a coop. (Both are predator proof) Somethings been digging and trying to get in the run but I have an apron around the bottom. I have a game camera set on it now to see whats trying to kill my chickens. A bob cats been killing my neighbors chickens but I think I have a weasel or coon .
We live in town so predators pressure is low. They are locked tight in a coop at night. You should see some of the questionable setups people have here. I know it's a risk but we could not afford a solar charger.

We live in town so predators pressure is low. They are locked tight in a coop at night. You should see some of the questionable setups people have here. I know it's a risk but we could not afford a solar charger.
Renting doesn't mean you can't have fences .I use cinder blocks to stabilize the posts and connect the fences to the post.Dirt will make the fence stout but concrete is better.This isn't my fence just an example

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-07 at 16-16-18 diy above ground fence post using cinder blocks at DuckDuckGo.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-07 at 16-16-18 diy above ground fence post using cinder blocks at DuckDuckGo.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom