Fencing project for my goats. My biggest project yet

Pics

Birdsong 82

Free Ranging
6 Years
Aug 17, 2017
Virginia
Never had a thread to show my work but I'm pretty proud of the progress in one day. 45. 8' long wood posts and 50 80 lb bags of sakrete .Still 50 metal posts and 3 rolls of fence to go. But not bad for a 5 ft 100 lb me and my 59 yr old coworker who lives in the city. My father did help but had to distract him because he forgets he's 70 and has a bad back until after he over works himself . My new place is coming together. Getting more done outside than inside bit thats normal. Now I won't lie. My biggest help was the skid steer with auger attachment. It was also the most fun 20191102_171124.jpg
20191102_171032.jpg
20191102_170914.jpg

:celebrate
Excited for you!!! It's a lot. First goats for you? If love a pic! Fence upgrade from 1/4 acre to almost 1 acres and from 8x8 shelter to 11 x15 with electric! Maybe weired out .Only one of the has ever relocated .The others were born and raised at the old house and that's all they know .But they'll love it

:celebrate
Excited for you!!! It's a lot. First goats for you? If love a pic! Fence upgrade from 1/4 acre to almost 1 acres and from 8x8 shelter to 11 x15 with electric! Maybe weired out .Only one of the has ever relocated .The others were born and raised at the old house and that's all they know .But they'll love it
Yes my first goats. I hope my fence holds them in? If not plan B will be in progress..:gig
I'll post a picture of my kids and my pen. Please give me a moment..:frow

Do I even want to know what plan b is? Haha
They are crafty and love a challenge but I love them like my children. My 140 lb horned children. What kind of goats? Welcome to the world of insanity .Haha

Back
Top Bottom