1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Our current coop is fenced in with 1"x4" welded wire fencing, wrapped with chicken wire. 2 sides of the run are in our llama pasture, 1 side is shared by our dog run, and one side faces the yard.

I'm planning on building a 2nd coop and run. If this coop is completely in our llama pasture can I get a way with just using chicken wire for the run? I haven't seen anything try to get into the llama area, so I'm thinking the hens would be ok. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Sonja

2. My chicken is cuter

My chicken is cuter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Llamas are protective animals so I think chicken wire would be fine.

3. mylilchix

Thanks! I thought that too, but wanted to make sure.

BTW love your screen name. My son is always telling me that, my chickens are cuter than your chickens. Funny thing is they're all the same chickens!!

Sonja

4. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Mylilchicx.
    How are you I can't help it but to ask, I used to live in denver CO in 2000 till 2002 and I love it, my ???? is do you have any perry dogs in your area and do they bother the chickens?

thanks

Omran

5. mylilchix

No we don't have prairie dogs here. We're at about 8500 ft. We do have chipmunks, mice, and squirrels. They don't come around much anymore after we got an awesome mouser!!!!

Sonja

6. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    I would assume the worse could happen and I'm not fond of chicken wire because it is so flimsy....but of course I have the "Tim Allen Syndrome" ggggrrrrrrrrr bigger, better, faster, more power and I tend to over build. Good Luck
    HappyHatch'en

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by