Ferment and Vacation

Jeclay66

In the Brooder
Feb 21, 2020
Hello! I am leaving town for 5 days and I have a pet sitter watching all of my critters including my 6 girls. I ferment grain for them in mason jars and feed them some every day. My question is, can I ferments several jars earlier in the week before I go and keep them in the fridge? How long does fermented grain last in the fridge? And if this is something that you recommend, should I drain out the water before refrigerating? Thanks for your help :frow

Thanks for your thoughts - I have 3 ferments going at one time. 3 big mason jars and I start a new one each day and use one each day. So far it has been working out well for me. I drain the water from say todays jar and start a new ferment with that water for the next jar. I guess I am concerned with how long a jar would keep in the fridge. Thanks again!

I have this same question and there doesn’t seem to be an answer for it! Did you try refrigeratIng it, and if so, did it work? I’m guessing that you need to put a sealed lid on when putting it in the fridge?

Back
Top Bottom