FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Google for "high meat" and you will find a whole strange world of people who eat rotten raw meat. They literally rot it mostly anaerobically for about a month before eating it. Apparently it is truly the Limburger of fermented meat products. I'd be curious if chickens would eat this sort of thing. My guess is they would wolf it down.

I sense another fermented food experiment coming on (insert mad scientist cackle as I rub my hands together)...

pdirt, you know I HAD to google this. And it is truly the most appalling thing I have ever heard. Thank goodness, The same benefits can be had with Kefir or fermented feeds. They said the ideal starter is two 1" cubes cut in slivers. Pop a sliver in your mouth and swallow a big gulp of water. Fill a plastic container 1/2 full of cubes. Leaving plenty of room for air. Every day or two, take it outside and pop the top and get new air. Back to the fridge up to a month or more. Natural probiotic. No thanks.
lau.gif

Posting pics of the meaty chicks at 2 wks and 2 days old. They are no longer in the brooder or with any heat source and today was their first day they ventured away from the coop. Our new dog keeps herding them back into the coop if he is up there to see them "escape"...
roll.png

And the new dog, Ben, who thinks the chicks would probably be more safe if they stayed in the coop.....

Those chicks are growing so fast!
Ben would be safer in a different collar. A choke collar could catch on something and when he tries to get loose he could strangle himself. A rolled leather collar would work well with all that fur. :) He is a nice looking GP.

That's what he came in and I doubt a dog that size is going to catch on anything he can't get loose from.
wink.png
He's been wearing that one for the past 3 years at his old home...they even had him tied to this choke chain, so he's used to having it pulled on without strangling himself. He would have to get it caught specifically on the part that would pull it shut to get it to close in...any other place on the collar and it slips right over his head.

But thanks for the caution!
smile.png

Bee, as usual your meaties look terrific! How awesome to have a Great Pyreenes, I love the breed and he is a looker. My meaties are 5 weeks old and doing great--I think we may process them at 6 or 7 weeks they are getting so big on their ff. Normally we process at 9-10 weeks. Again, I thank you for tuning all of us in to this! My ff dog food is on day 3 and will give to King on day 5--sure hope he takes to it. How are your new and old dog getting along?

Kathy

Back
Top Bottom