FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

I give Poultry Nutri Drench to my chicks.
I have and use the Nutridrench to SHIPPED chicks.. I also have other "bird" vitamins, that have more to offer than the nutridrench, which doesn't have B's or the advertising claim of rapid uptake. But I suspect ALL liquid vitamins may have the same rapid uptake.

So... I have a hen, who started out with poo but, so I though... fast forward way too many months and I have discovered this poor lady actually has vent gleet. :he Didn't think it could happen to me. Everything says to give her a flush and reintroduce probiotics and acv in the water to acidify... How in the world does a chicken get a yeast infection... how could it possibly persist for months on end? And... would it be MUCH worse, if I wasn't feeding FF that already is acidic and probiotic? Is it actually a herpes virus as mentioned by some as a possibility (and I recently put down a chick for Marek's a known herpes virus)?

Anybody actually measure the PH of their FF?

And with those studies posted, as well as previous research... I agree that our eggs MUST be more nutritious than the standard facts printed on a store carton. And yes, I have excellent hatches despite my inexperience. Never had a star gazer yet from my own eggs. Though I haven't supplemented vitamins for my breeders (yet), I do FF as well as 20% protein feed (that is the FF). And read a few studies stating that 16% protein was only the minimum for LIGHT bodied LAYERS, not heavy or breeders.

Back
Top Bottom