FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Pics
Nope..sure haven't. I think others have but I'm not sure. I think it would take awhile to ferment the bulk of pumpkin, so it would have to be cut in pretty small pieces and it might take a bit longer if the skin is intact.

WOW BF! Now there are 3-threads going on FF.......you really have them going now....
gig.gif
Worth it though! Nothing better for our chickens!
XOX

WOW BF! Now there are 3-threads going on FF.......you really have them going now....
gig.gif
Worth it though! Nothing better for our chickens!
XOX

There are? I didn't know that...I knew about the big one but not about a third one.

How are you, Sis?
hugs.gif
Was just thinking of you this morning when I was picking apples and hoping you were having a simply awesome day.

There are? I didn't know that...I knew about the big one but not about a third one.

How are you, Sis?
hugs.gif
Was just thinking of you this morning when I was picking apples and hoping you were having a simply awesome day.

It is beautiful weather BF! But would definitely rather be with you helping to pick apples.....daughter can't get off yet, so I'm still waiting to hear when we can come. Regardless of the time it takes me, by george, I WILL MAKE IT TO WV OR BUST!
lau.gif

I can only imagine how pretty it is......I just want to meet my sis that I've been waiting so long to have.....
smile.png

I am giving my fermented feed to my chicks, but the heat lamp is drying it into a hard lump before the chicks can even try it & I am having some trouble with pasty butt. I lost a chick this morning. It had been 'panting' (opening & closing its beak over and over) for hours. I have no idea what was wrong. I made sure it got some water with acv but it passed this morning.
hit.gif

It would be simply lovely. What if you don't like me as much when we meet in person?
big_smile.png
You'll spend the whole way home calling me names like hick, redneck, hillbilly, idiot, backwoods and stoopid.....
gig.gif

I am giving my fermented feed to my chicks, but the heat lamp is drying it into a hard lump before the chicks can even try it & I am having some trouble with pasty butt. I lost a chick this morning. It had been 'panting' (opening & closing its beak over and over) for hours. I have no idea what was wrong. I made sure it got some water with acv but it passed this morning.
hit.gif

Have you checked the temperature in your brooder. Pasty butt is also a result of too high heat. You can slide your feeder a little out from under the direct light and they will be fine. I'm so sorry for your loss.......it is sometimes really sad. Hope this helps......

Back
Top Bottom