FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Man, you must live in a really wild area!  I think I would get a 22 filled with "scatter shot" and shoot me some horses and a bull!  It won't hurt them unless you are practically sitting on them, but it will sting so bad they will remember where it came from and hopefully stay away from your yard.  Certainly after the 2nd or 3rd time!!   Just thinking....  Maybe a bull dog like mine would scare the bull or horses away?  He'd surely try.  That fool is lucky you don't eat that bull of his.  What are the laws on things like that?  You should be able to sue him for damage to fences, gardens, etc.   : ) 

I have 5 dogs- 4 here and one on the road. I'll write it up at some point because it's ongoing and convoluted. .....

IMO, they're past the point of needing medicated feed. The medication is just a thiamine blocker. If the fermenting process increases B vitamins then, it would tend to negate the effectiveness. There isn't any other medication in the feed.

So I have a 50pd bag or chick starter medicated.....Would you go back to fermenting if you were me? Do you think ff will help with health issues? Or help them put on weight?

So I have a 50pd bag or chick starter medicated.....Would you go back to fermenting if you were me? Do you think ff will help with health issues? Or help them put on weight?

Get them on FF as soon as you can. Use what feed you've got. I put mine on unmedicated at day 1 when I received them. Man, they are so healthy. Grow better and are so happy. They are 3 wks old today and I want to get them outside but it's been so stormy the last day or two I'm waiting a few more. They are definitely loving life. Love the Food lady. Well, the food.
lau.gif

Quote: I will! Just love those videos! Thanks, though I don't think I'll be doing it. I had Comparative Anatomy many years ago and still can disect about anything, so it isn't for lack of blood and guts ability but more because a capon sounds pretty useless. We'll learn more. : )

Hi all! Finally on day 17 of incubating - so excited!!! So as was suggested here I went ahead and started my very first batch of fermented feed for the new chicks that will hatch this weekend. As these will be my first chicks EVER it was also the first time I opened a feed bag. It was like opening a present! LOL! How weird is that!? Okay hopefully you won't think my excitement is too 'out there'
wink.png

So I shot a quick video so that I can get any feedback on consistency? Can you all take a quick gander and let me know if you think I should add more feed? I was aiming for that peanut butter type thickness that I've read. Definitely gonna need a bigger jar. This 1 gallon thing may be hard to scoop out of
hmm.png

Thanks in advance for your help!!! Much appreciated!!

0.jpg

I will! Just love those videos! Thanks, though I don't think I'll be doing it. I had Comparative Anatomy many years ago and still can disect about anything, so it isn't for lack of blood and guts ability but more because a capon sounds pretty useless. We'll learn more. : )

But Beverly, a rooster never tastes as good as 12-15 weeks. Tender moist. But tiny. A capon never gets tough, always tender and juicy. Grow it to young turkey size. That's why people used to pay big bucks for them. CX has done away with a lot of them. But baby roos are still being born every day. That's the appeal for me. You never know, I may get my chickens to perfect size and say "I'm not doing it". Who knows.
lau.gif

Hi all! Finally on day 17 of incubating - so excited!!! So as was suggested here I went ahead and started my very first batch of fermented feed for the new chicks that will hatch this weekend. As these will be my first chicks EVER it was also the first time I opened a feed bag. It was like opening a present! LOL! How weird is that!? Okay hopefully you won't think my excitement is too 'out there'
wink.png

So I shot a quick video so that I can get any feedback on consistency? Can you all take a quick gander and let me know if you think I should add more feed? I was aiming for that peanut butter type thickness that I've read. Definitely gonna need a bigger jar. This 1 gallon thing may be hard to scoop out of
hmm.png

Thanks in advance for your help!!! Much appreciated!!

0.jpg
Looks perfect. And it will be ready. Good for you..
thumbsup.gif

PLEASE HELP!!!

What is wrong with my retarded chicks AND hens?!?! NONE of them like FF!!!! I have 2 week old chicks that I have been giving FF to since day 1. They won't eat it much and act starving so when I put in non FF they went nuts eating it. So I put in both kinds of feed and they are eating the dry food only. SIGH. I want my birds to be the best they can be, but they WONT corporate with me. My hens don't like FF either.

I am feeding Stratch and Peck organic no corn no soy FF. I was using ACV but I stopped and still no difference. Why don't the hens or chicks like the FF? Am I doing something wrong? The hens and chicks are not related. The hens are outside and the chicks inside, they do not know each other exists.

Any ideas? Thoughts? I am very frustrated! Thank you.

Oh my consistency is like LindaB220 video above.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom