FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Good information thanks all. I have always kept mine covered with water, feed them morning and again at night, then add more about every other day. It is usually bubbly by morning after adding new food.

Kassaundra has been doing this for almost 3 years. I ask her why she kept hers covered with water and she said she learned it this way so never deviated. I hate the thought of having to drain so I don't. Do both ways work. Yes, of course. Personal preference. IMO

Hey folks, got an update on my hatched babies. Up to 10 now out of 14. Shipped eggs at that. I'm so thrilled that I PM'd DMRippy and ordered more.
gig.gif
And yes, I will be starting them this pm on fermented feed. I did the dry hatch. Seems to work more.

Linda: Were they broody or incubated? What day did they hatch? I have been seeing that broody hatches seem to come a day or two earlier than incubated. Also seems as though there is a trend that shipped eggs are a day or two late? I have 30 shipped eggs under 5 broodys currently. 21 days would be June 28th so trying to gauge when they will hatch.

Linda: Were they broody or incubated? What day did they hatch? I have been seeing that broody hatches seem to come a day or two earlier than incubated. Also seems as though there is a trend that shipped eggs are a day or two late? I have 30 shipped eggs under 5 broodys currently. 21 days would be June 28th so trying to gauge when they will hatch.

Angie, I am so incredibly a newbie it's not even funny. I learned how to turn my incubator on after my eggs were shipped in from TN I think. I'm in La. This is day 21 and I have 11 out of 12 hatched. Dry hatched Luck of the draw. What's so funny about it is the naysayers around the house that didn't think I should or could raise chickens are all proved wrong. Love it.
lau.gif

Very cool! Looks like a good size too for a first egg.

It felt so small in my hand lol. She's also a pretty small chicken, and no blood, I'm so happy for my girl!
A beautiful and wonderful first egg!!! Love first eggs. It's such and great and exciting time.
thank you!
I think at least part of the success is that I'm feeding fermented feed :)

Back
Top Bottom