FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

When you say fermented feed, do you mean store-bought pellets/crumbles or seeds, corn, etc? I don't ferment their crumbles. I just mix them in with the seeds and scratch when I feed them. On fodder...I used to feed them sprouted seeds, but they don't seem to like it as much now given the fermented option. I'm guessing that could change once winter really hits.
How long have you been feeding them fermented? They may just need to get used to it!
That's funny. I just made up a big batch of sprouts and gave some out yesterday and today. They looked at it and looked at me. Doing a staredown. So I gave them their FF. They eventually ate both but I thought they'd go crazy for the sprouts. They don't free range and I do add alfalfa pellets, not a lot, to the mix. Maybe 2-3 cups to the 5 gallon bucket. That seems to really beef up their eating. Only trouble is, it's GMO.
th.gif

Feed each evening in warmer, good forage months and in the morning in the winter. Right now, in the morning.
Hi Bee, I'm so far behind on my posts. The computer has been on the fritz for days. It keeps telling me it's fixing to explode if I don't order a program. No thank you. SIL Clint is taking it to be serviced tomorrow. I said I'll be okay with the computer in the living room and Aimee is afraid I'm going to download something and ruin it too.
gig.gif

I've been using fermented feed for about a month now maybe more and I love it!
My chickens definitely have nicer poops but the best part for me is it the ducks are not backwashing into the water nearly as much, don't have to change the water daily now!

we've been using FF for about a week now. We found a good "recipe". 4 cups layer feed, 2 cups cracked corn and 2 cups BOSS. this lasts 2-3 days. They love it. I save on food and everyone is happy. :) I use the hot water method.

This is about 12 hours after adding more feed and water after feeding them lastnight.

My chickens only get fed once a day when I am out of town and have someone feed for me. They come a little later in the morning than I normally feed and give enough that they have access most of the day. They don't starve, believe me.

Back
Top Bottom