FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Looks perfect!

Does anyone have thoughts on what to do with "waste" ff? I'm going away for a week later this week, and my husband wont do the ff thing. I wont have a ton of waste, but enough that I don't want to just dump it in the run. Is it okay to put in my compost? Or dump it under some trees for the wildlife to eat?

I agree with the last post...just fridge it and let it go dormant while you are gone, then get it out and start again when you come back. No need to toss it at all.

When I'm going away for awhile, I leave out enough FF to last them 4-5 days and go about my way. Leave all the FF you want to feed out for 3-4 days, save the rest in the fridge....when they eat all of the FF you left, let the hubby start feeding dry after that if he needs to do so.

That is something their parents should teach them. And I said it mostly for boys....

Lol I really really hope that boys DONT get lessons on ladies' yeast infections from their PARENTS :p

Although, I have typed in searches on Google that had NOTHING to do with the horrible titles that appeared, so I'm assuming a "boy" would most likely be searching OTHER sites for that specific word ROFL..

Chickens have ovaries and ducks have testes, too lol, its a learning site, never know what you might learn ;)

Last edited:
I should HOPE that boys would learn about lady's yeast infections from their parents and not the hard way.
th.gif
I taught my three boys all the important information about all the ins and outs and parts at an early age. Boys gots questions. As a nurse, I had all the answers and even had the books to show them all that stuff in detail. Better me than someone else...especially their peers.

If been fermenting for 6 months or so and finally found a problem with FF. It freezes into a FFeedcicle at -30C faster than the girls can gobble it down. It gives them something to do all day:lol:.

I put the feedsicles inside the coop for them to pick at. Worked out pretty well.

I'm afraid they don't get enough to eat when it is frozen. I only feed FF when it is around freezing or above. When it's too cold, they have to get by on pellets and they don't like it but at least they won't starve.

Back
Top Bottom